Launching July 2019: A New Property Manager Certification Program
A Higher Standard: The Commercial Real Estate Certification You've Been Waiting For
We are pleased to introduce the new Certified Manager of Commercial Properties™ (CMCP™), a certification
designed for early-career property professionals who are looking to validate their industry
knowledge and take their careers in commercial real estate to the next level.
As the only certification of its kind
in the industry, the CMCP instantly
communicates your ability to be an
effective commercial property manager
and your strong understanding of the
responsibilities of the role. Earning the CMCP certification is the first step in building a successful career in commercial real estate.
- Offers recognition early in one’s career (typically 1–5 years of experience)
- Validates foundational knowledge in key areas of property management
- Evaluates readiness for additional training, responsibilities and career advancement
- Quickly assists employers with on-boarding new property managers and assessing industry knowledge and career potential
- Backed by BOMA and BOMI, the leaders in commercial real estate education and training
- Four-year degree and 1 year of property management experience, or
- Two-year degree and 2 years of property management experience, or
- No degree and 4 years of property management experience,and
- 30 hours of verifiable education in commercial property management
- Exams offered at multiple testing centers throughout the U.S. and internationally
- Exam questions reflect body of knowledge for property management developed through market research and a Job Task Analysis conducted by BOMA and BOMI
- Membership in BOMA is not required
- Registration is $675, which includes application and exam fees and a candidate handbook—but for a limited time only, save $100 and receive the special introductory rate of $575!
Learn more about the CMCP certification and get on the early access list for more information at www.CRECI.org.
The CMCP certification is administered by the Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute (CRECI), an independent certification institute created by BOMA International and BOMI International.
Exam Preparation Resources
BOMA and BOMI have partnered to develop a 30-hour CMCP exam prep course, to be offered online and launched in July 2019, but other training is also acceptable to meet eligibility requirements, including the BOMA Foundations of Real Estate Management course, RPA courses, programs offered by BOMA local associations and other organizations, company in-house training programs, real estate license education and other verifiable sources of commercial real estate education.