BOMA's Annual Conference Offers Unparalleled Opportunities for Professional Development
June 14, 2017
(WASHINGTON, D.C. — June 14, 2017 ) The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International will offer an extensive educational program and unparalleled opportunities for professional development at the 2017 BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo, which takes place June 24-27 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Designed by leading experts for property professionals of all levels of experience, this year's conference education features more than 50 sessions organized across six distinct educational focus areas. Session topics will include: attracting and retaining tenants; leveraging new technology to optimize building performance; cultivating new talent; improving occupant wellness; reducing energy use; and more.
“You can’t make informed decisions about your property and your career without staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments,” said BOMA International Chair Brian M. Harnetiaux, senior vice president of Asset Management at McCarthy Cook. “The information and analysis offered at BOMA’s annual conference positions attendees for success for the rest of the year and beyond.”
BOMA International’s annual conference offers a concentrated education and networking experience that would be nearly impossible to reproduce on your own. Every industry professional — whether new to the industry or a seasoned veteran — can benefit from the insights, best practices and practical solutions they will find at the conference.
Conference attendees can either choose one track that best suits a single educational objective or mix and match sessions from each track to create a customized educational experience. Below is a sampling of sessions featured in each education track at the upcoming conference:
- Building Operations Management
- Creating Asset Value
- High-Performing Buildings
- Industrial Real Estate Management
- Session spotlight: The incredible growth of e-commerce is bringing new opportunities—and challenges—to the industrial market. In “E-Commerce: Design, Build, Manage,” attendees will discover the latest trends in e-commerce, and industrial property managers can learn ways to respond to the unique needs of e-commerce tenants.
- Leadership and Career Development
- Session spotlight: In “How to Thrive: Mapping Your Path Toward Career Growth,” speaker Denise Webster, Emeritus CPM, will discuss how to achieve both personal and professional fulfillment. She also will provide attendees with tools they need to take control of their career.
- Tenant Relations and Retention
- Session spotlight: Explore the challenges and opportunities associated with integrating co-working spaces into a real estate portfolio in “Co-Working: A Corporate Real Estate Perspective.” Attendees will learn how changing business priorities are driving the co-working model and how they can apply co-working concepts to the changing needs of traditional office tenants.
To make sure attendees get the maximum benefit from their attendance, every session qualifies for CPM, RPA, FMA, SMA, SMT, ARM and CCM renewal and continuing professional development credits. Several sessions are approved for LEED credential maintenance and renewal of the Building Operator Certification (BOC). Some sessions also contribute to the requirements for real estate license renewal in many U.S. states and Canada.
The 2017 BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo is commercial real estate’s most important event of the year. More than 400 exhibits by leading manufacturers and suppliers at the BOMA International Expo will help attendees find the industry’s best solutions for creating and sustaining competitive, high-performance buildings. This year’s opening keynote address will feature highly decorated astronauts and retired U.S. Navy captains Mark and Scott Kelly sharing their perspectives on leadership, teamwork and innovation. Recent designees of the BOMA 360 Performance Program® will be honored at the conference, and the event will culminate in The Outstanding Building of the Year® (TOBY®) Awards, the commercial real estate industry's highest recognition honoring excellence in commercial building management and operations.
Visit www.BOMAConference.org for more information.
About BOMA International
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of 90 BOMA U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge. Learn more at www.boma.org.
Manager of Communications & Marketing