BOMA International is pleased to introduce our on-line library of advocacy tools and best practices on a number of important state and local issues that we hope can be very helpful to you in your work with state and local government and in your state and local lobbying efforts.
We are in a continual process of collecting information and supporting materials on the commercial real estate industry's priority issues, such as mandatory energy benchmarking and disclosure, state and local tax issues, and planning and zoning issues, to name a few. The goal is to provide resources to local associations around the country on how to approach, consider, and proceed on public policy issues that are important to BOMA's membership.
Please send your materials directly to John Bryant, BOMA International’s Vice President of Advocacy, Codes and Standards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Library of Advocacy Tools
- Model Legislation
The category of model legislation serves as a resource and as part of our toolkit for BOMA local associations and state coalitions to employ in trying to work constructively with their state legislators and other interested groups and to be proactive on issues that are important to commercial real estate. These pieces of model legislation are meant to serve as starting points, and local associations should feel free to tailor each model bill to fit their needs in terms of what is best for their members and what will work best in their local political environments.
BOMA International plans to keep adding to this toolkit, so we encourage you to check back periodically.
- Closing the Internet Sales Tax Loophole
- Codes – Disabled Access Requirements
- Commercial Office Building Protective Measures
- Concealed Carry in Commercial Buildings
- Electrical Licensing
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Energy Benchmarking and Disclosure
- Fire Inspection Third Party Reporting.
- Govt. Affairs Committees
- Limiting the Retainage Allowed Under a Private Construction Contract
- Phase-Out of Sales Taxes on Commercial Real Estate Leases
- Political Action Committees
- Water-Efficient Indoor Plumbing Fixtures