High-Performance Training for
High-Performance Real Estate Teams
What is Foundations?
- A soup-to-nuts, 5-module, 28-hour entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting and reporting, contract management and more.
- Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by behind-the-scenes tours of outstanding buildings.
- Live, in-person training with small class sizes to facilitate learning, discussion and team activities.
- A complete package—instruction, peer networking, property tours and a comprehensive course manual that is easy to read and a valuable resource back on the job.
For all experience levels, Foundations…
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers.
- Provides “feet on the ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate.
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates.
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from understanding the basics of real estate management.
Foundations—the right choice for your real estate firm…
- Eases the training burden by supplementing on-the-job and corporate training programs.
- Offers the highest caliber training, covering everything from A to Z.
- Prepares new and rising talent for more PM responsibilities an assignments.
- Teaches employees best practices from experienced, seasoned professionals.
- Delivers a curriculum that is regularly updated, ensuring the latest, most accurate information.
- Minimizes time out of the office with convenient scheduling over several days or weeks.
- Is offered locally through your local BOMA associations.
Registration, Dates and Cost
- Courses are currently only offered by BOMA local associations as classroom-based learning.
- Modules may be offered once a week for 5 weeks or differently if deemed appropriate by the local association host.
- Each BOMA local association determines the cost of the program.
- Registration can only be done through the individual local associations listed on the Foundations Course Schedule page.
- Please contact your BOMA local association for area-specific details.
Earn Credit Towards Your RPA
- Foundations is approved for competency credit for BOMI International’s Fundamentals of Real Property Administration course in the RPA curriculum.
- To obtain credit, students must attend the Foundations course, take the exam at the end of the course and achieve a grade of 70 percent or higher.
- Students who pass the exam will receive a certificate to present to BOMI for credit. Students must also follow enrollment procedures and pay enrollment fees as required by BOMI International.
What Students are Saying...
“This class was a real treat for me! The material was so well taught, and all of the experience and knowledge that our instructor, and my classmates, brought to the table is something I'll keep with me forever. I could have been happy attending this class once a week for my entire career! I will definitely recommend it to anyone I possibly can.”
-Monica Madden, Property Manager, Axent Realty Group
“I enjoyed the class very much and thought our instructor did an excellent job. I would definitely recommend this class to others in my company. The networking opportunities that came from attending the class have already paid dividends, and I plan on using them more in the future.”
-Peter C. Wallace, B. F. Saul Property Company
Foundations of Real Estate Management has been developed from BOMA/Atlanta’s successful education program Property Management 101.