The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a
federation of 91 BOMA U.S. associations and 17 international affiliates.
Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial
property types including nearly 10.4 billion square feet of U.S. office space
that supports 1.8 million jobs and contributes $227.6 billion to the U.S. GDP.
Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through
advocacy, influence and knowledge.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Learn more about BOMA International's 100-year history.
Who are BOMA's Members
BOMA International's members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties
What Does BOMA International Do?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues. Learn more about BOMA’s advocacy work.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International
- Produces a variety of leading industry publications, including:
- A comprehensive suite of building measurement standards, including Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA – Z65.1 2010
- The Experience Exchange Report® (EER®) - the industry benchmark for nearly 100 years, which contains income and expense data for office buildings across North America
- The industry’s first green lease guide
- Hosts the Every Building Conference & Expo every June; conducts seminars on topics including office marketing and leasing, asset management, technology, and security and emergency preparedness planning. BOMA International sponsors a Winter Business Meeting and hosts the National Issues Conference. The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards are the industry's most prestigious and coveted awards in commercial real estate. The TOBY honors buildings based on community impact, tenant/employee relations programs, energy management systems, accessibility for disabled people, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators.
- Designates excellence in building management and operations through the BOMA 360 Performance Program, groundbreaking program designed to validate and recognize commercial properties that demonstrate best practices in all major areas of building operations and management.